- Solid Waste
- Otero-Greentree Regional Landfill
Otero-Greentree Regional Landfill
The Otero-Greentree Regional Landfill is owned by Otero County and Lincoln County and includes those municipalities within those jurisdictions. The City of Alamogordo is the Managing Agency for this operation.
Solid Waste Facility
The Otero-Greentree Regional Landfill is a New Mexico permitted solid waste facility designed to dispose of residential, commercial and construction waste. Additionally, it is permitted to accept certain special waste such as asbestos and sludge waste. The Otero-Greentree Regional Landfill was designed with a life span of 99 years. It was incorporated in January 1994.
Rates Effective July 1, 2019
- $15.97 per ton (solid waste) Otero-Greentree Regional Landfill Members
- $25.28 per ton (solid waste) Non Members
Special Wastes Accepted
- Sludge: $33.00 per ton (requires special waste manifest)
- Asbestos: $37.00 per yard up to 100 yards in a billing period
- $35 per yard over 100 yards (requires special waste manifest)
- Tires: $90 per ton (10 or more tires require scrap tire manifest)
- Sand: $5.50 per ton Otero-Greentree Reginal Landfill Members
- Sand: $7.00 per ton Non-Members
Cost includes a state royalty payment of $0.75 per ton. Also, a $50. per initial truck loading charge will be added, and $25.00 per each additional load to the same company within the rest of the day's transactions.
5% gross receipts tax where applicable.
Important Billing Information
Billing accounts can be arranged with the City of Alamogordo through the landfill, please call 575-415-1347 for more information and forms.
Please note on days with high winds, we may have to close the landfill to ensure the safety of staff and visitors. On days where winds are at least 30 mph and sustained, we will close for safety. If you think that might be a possibility on a day you are headed our way, please feel free to call us in advance at 574-415-1347. Thank you for your understanding.