- Parks & Recreation Department
- Parks & Recreation
- Recreation Center
- Facility Use Restrictions & Rules
Facility Age Restrictions & Rules
Effective today, May 15, 2023, children ages 12 to 17 without a completed minor waiver form on file will NOT be admitted to the facility without an adult. No Exceptions!
General Information on Facility Policies & Procedures
- It is essential to the enjoyment of this facility by its patrons and participants and to a positive work environment for staff and volunteers that patrons and participants follow the Alamogordo Family Recreation Center policies, rules, and procedures (links below).
Open Age Categories, Access & Restrictions
- Youth – to qualify as a youth, individuals must be 17 years of age or younger.
- Full Facility - any child under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult (age 18 or over) at all times. Both youth and adults are charged use fees.
- Full Facility - youth ages 12-17 years must have a completed MINOR Waiver form on file to attend without an adult present where permitted. Effective May 15, 2023, children without a completed waiver form on file will not be admitted to the facility without an adult. No Exceptions!
- Pool - any child 6 years of age or under must be kept within arm’s reach of an adult (age 18 or over) while in the pool area (on deck or in water) at all times. The maximum adult/child ratio is 1 adult / 2 children. Both youth and adults are charged use fees.
- Locker Rooms - children ages 7 & over must use gender-appropriate locker rooms or or the family locker room.
- Adult – to qualify as an adult, individuals must be 18 years of age or older.
- Senior Adult – to qualify as a senior adult, individuals must be 55 years of age or older.
Program and Activity Registration Policies
All registrations are on a first come, first-serve basis.
- Activity scholarships are available for children of qualified families in need.
- All participants must sign a liability waiver. Anyone under 18 must have a parent/legal guardian sign a consent form and liability waiver.
- Currently, some programs, and activities require pre-registration. Instructors are not able to make money or registrations. If an alternative payment option is needed or to find out how to register for a specific program/activity, please call the AFRC at 575-439-4142.
- It is the responsibility of the patron to attend scheduled classes/sessions; refunds will not be made for missed classes/sessions.
- Registration in an activity does not guarantee a place in future activities.
- If the minimum number of participants for the program /activity is not met three days prior to the first day, the program/activity will be canceled and participants will be notified and provided refunds.
- In-person or online registration. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>